Sunday, July 13, 2008

A synopsis on pentium d dedicated server

Compare pentium d dedicated server

Let me apologize for not writing even once during more

than a month. I not only was too busy with solving countless

problems involving my sites, and domain names and whatnot,

but I had also some personal issues involving family matters.

The saga described yesterday ended happily today and

everything was solved. For one reason or another the

DC while assigning the IP’s, that I already had has taken

some of these and assigned others to me.

Whats My IP Address?

Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:00:08 +0000
From time to time it is handy to know what your IP address is.  Now it is no secret that there are a hundred and one different ways of getting this done.  From looking in your PC, to putting a widget on your desktop to even visiting a web site.
WhatsMyIP.us is the newest of those ...]

Last time I told you about the choice that I made to

change the server instead of upgrading the one I had.

ICANN Shakes Things Up - Episode 156

Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:00:06 +0000
From coast to coast, and all around the web hosting world. I can’t promise you you’ll be a millionaire if you listen to this week’s show. I can’t even make you better looking. What I can do for you is to make everything from server farms to domain name registrations make a ...]

Little Hosting Funny to Start Your Weekend

Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:00:24 +0000
Had to share this one with my audience, because no matter if your a web host or not, you’ll find this video extremely entertaining.

Have any other interesting hosting videos to share? Sent ‘em to me at mitch@mitchkeeler.com and I’ll share them with the web hosting world.
...]

Today`s suggestion:



I'm quite happy that is short as this means I haven't had any big problem during
these months. Just 2 things to add to what I wrote in the past:



I've had seldom connectivity problems to our websites, I couldn't always check
if it was hostgator problem or other problem related to my connectivity but
sometimes it really looked like it was hostgator problem.

I'm just talking about few times for some minutes. Not really a problem for us.



The only really annoying thing it happened is that once one of our website
(vagabondo.net) has been discontinued because it loaded too much the server.
Generally speaking suspending a site because is loading too much the server
could even be a positive thing (you prevent the whole server sites to slow down
too much, you can have time to see if someone is "attacking" the server or the
site ecc.). What I'm complaining about is:



1) We received no warning about it, not before, not after the site was
suspended!!! We just realized it, wrote to support and got an answer after few
hours.



2) We received no details about the excessive load the server was experiencing
becasue of our site, no detail about where the problem could lie (too many sql
queries? too many hits? heavy php proccesses? ecc. ecc.) so as to understand
better if this could happen again and possibly how to solve the the problem.



All in all this leaves you with a scary impression: it just happened one time
but it could happen anytime not knowing why it happened (and why it stop
happening!).



Having said that I still think hostgator provide a good service (that needs
improving though) and can confirm what I wrote in previous review.



Click Here to go to hostican website.



inexpensive web hosting
international space station
isp web hosting
ix web host review

Labels: